COVID-19 Resources and Information
As of March 20, 2020 - 4:35 PM
Prohibit in-person payment of Monroe County real property taxes in County and town facilities during this State of Emergency.
As of March 15, 2020 - 3:30 PM
Town closings and cancellations in response to COVID-19
Monroe County declared a local state of emergency on March 14, 2020 to help reduce the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Additionally, all school districts in Monroe County have closed. The County Department of Health has recommended that all non-essential gatherings of 50 or more people should be avoided.
In cooperation with these directives, the Penfield Town Board is taking the following preventive actions—including closings, cancellations, and use of remote services—to practice social distancing and help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Monroe County and protect the well-being of residents, visitors, and staff. All dates are subject to change based on evolving community needs.
- The Penfield Town Hall at 3100 Atlantic Ave. is closed to the public through April 3. Many business transactions can be accomplished online or by phone. Please call the department you wish to do business with for assistance. The most commonly visited departments are the Town Clerk’s Office (585) 340-8629; Assessment Office (585) 340-8610; and Building and Zoning (585) 340-8636. See a full Department listing at www.penfield.org. Ask if you can conduct your business with the Town by phone or online.
- The Penfield Community Center at 1985 Baird Road is closing to the public on Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3. This location is home to Penfield Recreation and the Penfield Public Library.
- The Penfield Public Library is closed Sunday, March 15 through Sunday, April 5. Follow the library website for the most current information on library services and status.
- Penfield Town Court remains open (use the court entrance at northwest of the Penfield Community Center). If you have any questions about an appearance or payment please call the court at (585) 340-8623.
- The Town recommends that families take precautions using high-touch areas such as playground equipment. Restrooms in Town parks will be closed.
- At this time, Town meetings are cancelled including the March 18 Town Board and March 19 Zoning Board of Appeals meetings. We will evaluate future meetings on a week-to-week basis. See the Town website calendar to check meeting status. As a reminder, residents may always take advantage of alternative live and on demand viewing/participation options provided by PenfieldTV. (See March 12 message or www.penfield.org for details.)
- All Penfield Recreation programs, events, and services are postponed through April 3. Resumption of access and activity will be made in keeping with public health directives. In the event of a program cancellation you will receive a refund.
- During this period of social distancing, Town employees will not enter structures or homes. Interior scheduled site inspections and other on-site appointments are suspended indefinitely. Exterior visits will continue at the discretion of affected departments.
- Brush drop-off at DPW is cancelled though Friday, April 3.
We will monitor the evolving information and directives for COVID-19 from the Center for Disease Control, the New York State Department of Health, and the Monroe County Health Department and update our practices accordingly. We also encourage residents and staff to monitor updates and observe hygiene precautions to prevent infection as recommended by these agencies.
As changes occur we will notify the public as best we can. Please stay informed and follow the facts. We have provided a coronavirus resources link at www.penfield.org or go directly to https://www2.monroecounty.gov/health-coronavirus.