Dear residents and visitors:
The health and welfare of our employees and visitors to Town facilities is our top priority; this includes maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all.
As such, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to update our protocol in response to the guidance and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, the New York State Department of Health, and the Monroe County Health Department. We also encourage all our visitors and staff to monitor updates and take hygiene precautions as recommended by these agencies.
The Town of Penfield is implementing practices at the Town Hall, Penfield Community Center, and other town facilities. Our preparation includes:
- Hand sanitizer at all facilities; restrooms offer hot water and soap
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of handrails, door handles, high-touch surfaces, etc.
- Monitoring communications and directives from the CDC, New York State Dept. of Health and Monroe County Health Dept.
- Staff and volunteers are reminded to consistently wash their hands and to stay home if they are sick.
- Visitors are asked to stay home if they are feeling ill and avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Parents are also asked to not bring their children if they are feeling ill.
Town of Penfield/Penfield Recreation will continue to monitor the situation and take our cues regarding programs and public gatherings from the experts. Penfield Recreation will also follow school district decisions regarding programming and cancellations.
At this time, based on information from these and other authorities, all events are proceeding as scheduled. However, if you are registered for a Penfield Recreation program but would like to cancel, you will receive a credit or refund. In the event of a program cancellation you will receive a refund.
This a fluid situation and subject to change at any time. Changes to programming and schedules will be communicated via email, social media, and posted on our website. Please contact Penfield Recreation at 340-8655 with any additional questions.